Call for Box Set Submissions- Author: Susan Helene Gottfried
I gotta tell you what’s going on over at e-Book Builders.
If you don’t follow along at home, you may not know that Deena and I are buds, fellow lovers of Rock Fiction. Deena’s also done some e-book formatting for me, and from time to time works with West of Mars clients as one of my formatting subcontractors.
In short: Deena is good people, and I’m proud to support what she’s up to. In this case, it’s extra-exciting stuff, in the form of a number of box sets that fit all sorts of genre conventions.
Here’s the list of what those genres will be (be sure to note Rocktober’s theme!):
- July 2014 â€“ American Historical Fiction â€“ Taking submissions â€“ Tentative Release July 6th
- August 2014 â€“ YA â€“ Taking Submissions â€“ Tentative Release August 18th
- September 2014 â€“ Mystery/Thriller/Suspense â€“ Taking Submissions â€“ Tentative Release September 4th
- October 2014 â€“ Rock Fiction â€“ Taking Submissions â€“ Tentative Release October 20th
- November 2014 â€“ International Historical Romance â€“ Taking Submissions â€“ Tentative Release November 10th
- December 2014 â€“ Non-Fiction ( Author Help) â€“ Taking Submissions â€“ Tentative Release December 6th
So… if you write in one of those genres, speak up and get yourself in consideration. If you’ve seen this call for submissions around already but been put off because there were requirements such as a number of posted reviews, rest easy. Deena’s changed the formats … there may be multiple sets, of authors of similar visibility. The more submissions — and, ultimately, the more overall success — the more likely it is that other genres will be included.
Here’s the link to the post. Read it over carefully, and if you’re so inclined, fill out the form. If you can think of an author this would be a golden opportunity for, there’s a spot where you can suggest an author. And, of course, spread the word. This is one of those “the success of one is the success of all” sorts of things, and I’d love to see a lot of authors benefit from it.